Everything you need to live the hockey life
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Honey Harissa + Soy Veggie
Welcome to The Hockey Girlz new weekly series, recipe of the week! Today's recipe is, Honey Harissa + Soy Veggies (recipe below). This is a delicious dish filled with a spicy Mediterranean twist. You can use any veggies you have around the house but I recommend Broccoli, Mushrooms, and/or Carrots.
Broccoli is an incredibly important veggie for an athlete, it is known to have cancer fighting antioxidants, as well as fiber and vitamin C.Carrots are perfect for keeping blood sugar levels balanced. Mushrooms are also a great source of protein and fiber!
Harissa is a spicy chili paste, thought to originate in Tunisia. It is also used all over the Middle East and Africa. It is not usually found at a regular grocery store but it can be ordered online, made from scratch, or found at a local specialty grocery store.
RECIPE: Honey Harissa + Soy Veggies
- Any veggies you have
- Olive oil
- Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 spoonful Harrisa (More or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey
-1 tsp cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Make Brown Rice according to the recipe on the bag.
3. Chop up veggies to desired shape.
4. Mix up sauce.
5. Take a glass pan and put veggies inside.
6. Pour 1 tbsp oil on veggies.
7. Pour sauce all over veggies and stir up.
8. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until ready.
Give it a try and let us know your thoughts on it!!